The kids and I spent last weekend in Leoti. I keep waiting for Gwen to post some pictures from last Saturday on her blog, but she hasn't yet (hint, hint). She has been busy this week, I know. SOOOO.... I'll just say that the kids had a terrific time playing on the farm and seeing who could get the dirtiest and the smelliest. Dad feeds the cattle distiller's grain, which is basically what is left over after the process of making ethanol. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Dad.) For some reason, my children have decided that it is great fun to jump into and roll around in. It's nice and mushy and warm, I guess. Anyway, they sure enjoy it. Dad recently built a new shed to house the feed, and he conveniently made a ledge about half-way up the walls so the kids could stand on it to jump into the grain. How nice of him! After a few hours of that, they come into the house and smell like they've been drenched in yeast or alcohol or something. Gwen, Mom, and I were in her bedroom looking through clothes. Aubrey and Paige wanted to help but we had to kick them out. Way too smelly!
The boys also discovered that clods of gyp will break easily if thrown, so they spent some time smashing them. They then moved on to the scrap iron pile to find some weapons. Luke enjoyed hunting pheasants with Grandpa Bob. He told me on the way to Leoti that he was "eager" to get back to Western Kansas and be around some cattle. On the other hand, he said he'd forgotten that there weren't any trees out there. Guess it doesn't take long!
Aubrey and Paige went to the Majestic in Scott City with Grandpa Bob for a concert put on by Rivers Rutherford and his friends. Rutherford is a country songwriter who has written several songs you've heard a lot on the radio. I think they enjoyed it, but possibly enjoyed the food more. They are growing girls!
We had a nice weekend visiting family - we stopped in at Grandpa Earl and Grandma Lois's briefly, and got to eat breakfast at High Plains with Grandpa Ed & Grandma Kathy. Always a highlight for my kids. They love the food there.
By the way, Luke was very proud of his math grades this week. He's doing well.
Dear Eva (12 Years)
1 year ago


2 comments:
The pics are on my blog now! Note the time-I got up early on a Saturday to satisfy your demanding ways! BTW I like my title of "Extreme Farm Fun" better than yours. JK-thanks for the prompt. I knew I needed to get the pics on, I just hadn't got around to it yet.
Luke, way to go in math!
Okay, I just noted the time. Not sure what's up with that-I didn't post at 5:29 a.m. It's actually 7:29 a.m.
I've changed the time once on my blog-guess I'll check it again.
Post a Comment