I thought I'd do a quick post and see if anyone even checks this blog anymore! I guess it's easier to post to Facebook in quick little bursts rather than long blog posts. So, here's a quick update....
1) It snowed Sunday evening, the ground and trees were covered when we woke up Monday. Probably 2"? but by the time we ate lunch it was all melted, and I just heard the weather forecast for Thursday...85 degrees! Crazy!
2) Ironically, we are looking forward to a spring break vacation so we can soak up some sun. The forecast temperature in St. Thomas (one of our cruise stops) is ... 75 degrees. Hmmm. We are cruising from Miami on Saturday to St. Thomas, Grand Turk, a small island in the Bahamas, and San Juan, Puerto Rico. I'm particularly looking forward to San Juan and all it's history. We hope to snorkel and do a lot of lazing around in the sand.
3) Luke plans to eat his weight at least twice on the cruise. He desperately wants to weigh more - he's 5'3" and 92 lbs. Now that's skinny! He's grown at least two inches since summer. Baseball practice starts tonight for him; luckily it sounds like the warming trend will continue and they'll have nice weather for the first week of practice. Jerry and another dad are coaching his team again this year - they don't offer baseball as a sport in middle school.
4) Aubrey is gearing up for band contest season. Her solo is coming along well, and she is also in a clarinet ensemble as well as the upper concert band. They have picked out their marching program for next year and have had drumline and color guard auditions already. Soon they will choose section leaders. She is also quite happy to be driving to school when the weather is nice. It saves her a long bus ride, but adds to the stress level of her parents... She is planning to attend a church camp in Winter Park this summer with her friends.
5) Jackson is still deliberating about baseball. I'm not sure if he'll play this summer or not. He is thrilled that his school is testing him for the gifted education program. He's in third grade and currently reads at an 8.6 grade level. His math skills are pretty phenomenal also. His good friend Guthry lives just down the street, and they spend a lot of time running back and forth between houses.
6) And finally, it's tax season, of course. It seems to be going well - I've worked hard to catch everything up so I can be gone over spring break. Hopefully my clients will understand!
So much for a short update...we miss and love you all!



2 comments:
Just wanted to let you know that we do still check and enjoy the blogs. Thanks for the updates on your family. Sounds like everyone is busy. Love Grandma Lois & Grandpa Earl
Me, too! Loved catching up on all the family plans and activities. Have a terrific Spring Break!
Post a Comment