Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Odds and Ends

Apparently it's been awhile since I've posted anything, and the natives are getting restless. At least, someone who I won't name but whose name starts with a C and ends with ayle was complaining. I didn't hear how many children he had at his house over the weekend, but I bet it was less than eleven! Just kidding, Cayle, I'm glad you noticed I've been absent. So here goes, an update on the past few days.

1) Luke is a free agent again, in case you know any cute young fourth graders. He came home from school yesterday and announced that Jessica broke up with him. Fickle, she is. Jackson wanted to know how come she asked him to go out with her if she was just going to break up with him right away. To which his father answered, "that's the way girls are, son."

2) Jackson has coined a new term for this decade. You know about the sixties, the eighties, etc. Well, currently we are living in the "tooties" - otherwise known as the two thousand and somethings. Cute, huh?

3) I guess it's official that Aubrey is growing up. Jerry and I went to a meeting at Prairie Hills Middle School last night for parents of seventh graders. Wow. Is it possible that my baby girl is going to be in seventh grade? We learned about advanced math and band and all the other courses she'll be taking, but all the while I kept thinking about all the things I would need to learn to handle the coming years. I just pray that God will give me the wisdom I need to guide her through this time, and probably a healthy dose of patience, too. I loved junior high, and I so want Aubrey to have a great experience also. So, any ideas or wisdom you might have for me would be greatly appreciated!

4) Last, but definitely not least, I MAILED MY LAST TAX RETURN TODAY!!!! Woohoo!!

2 comments:

Joann said...

Congratulations on conquerring your Taxathon! Now you'll have lots of extra time on your hands, right?

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Yea! Now you need to read some more good books that you can recommend to me.

Ahhhh, junior high. I loved it, too. Life is good when you're a
7th or 8th grader. Not too much homework, boys become cuter, experimenting with different hairstyles, etc. BTW, get ready to be even busier parents than you are!