Jerry and I are packing up today and taking care of last minute details (like stocking up the pantry for the Grandmas!) before we leave on our week-long trip to Maui. Our flight leaves at 8:30 tomorrow morning. I thought I'd leave you with this last chuckle before we leave:
I HATE tanning beds; they make my skin feel all prickly and I think I can literally hear my skin cells dying. On the other hand, I don't want to put a swimsuit on tomorrow and be the whitest person on the beach, so I invested in a bottle of self-tanner. I spent a good long time in the shower exfoliating - the most important step, it says on the bottle. I dried off well so no streaking would occur, and liberally applied self-tanning lotion. It was a bit difficult on my back, but Jerry was at the gym and Aubrey had a youth group camp in Salina, so I was on my own. After I finished, I shook out my wet hair and combed through it. I have a pretty thick head of hair, and it sheds like crazy when I comb it, so I had hair stuck all over my shoulders and back. I began the de-hairing process, when I hit a snag. I had a THREE-INCH-LONG hair growing out of my shoulder blade!!! I about dislocated my shoulder trying to cut it off - remember Jerry and Aubrey were both gone, and I didn't want to traumatize my boys by making them cut a hair off my back! Oh my goodness. I guess that's how you know you're getting old, when you have hairs growing out of odd places. My friend Karin and I have a mutual pact; if either of us dies young, the other will go to the funeral home with tweezers and pluck any extra hairs from the other's chin!
So anyway, please pray for a safe trip for us and a fun, safe time for the kids as they entertain their grandparents while we're away.



1 comments:
Have a wonderful time! I sure am glad you found the hair to avoid having a hair tan-line on your shoulder blade. :-)
We'll expect great pictures soon!
Post a Comment