Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Odds and Ends

It's snowing and blowing here today; I had really hoped to do some Christmas shopping but I guess I won't venture out. Although, if I am going to have anything to put on the table for supper I have to dash to the grocery store!

A couple of recent things that I have not bragged about yet:

  • Aubrey's seventh grade scholar's bowl team won the league championship. She was thrilled to be captain for this meet and she also answered the winning question!
  • Aubrey made first chair clarinet yesterday. That's first chair out of eighteen total clarinets. She also is being moved to first chair tenor sax in jazz band.
Yesterday, Jackson got up for breakfast and then disappeared. I finally went up to check on him and found him sitting on his floor crying because he could not lean over to tie his shoes. His tummy hurt. I picked him up and put him back to bed, where he stayed until 11:30. I peeked in his door then, and he was lying on his bed with his arms behind his head just smiling. He told me he went to sleep, and then woke up and went back to sleep. Then he woke up again but he just rolled over and went right back to sleep. I honestly think he was just overly tired. Sometimes, in our rush to get places and do things, we forget that he is just six. He has had a very, very busy few weeks, from Grandmas spoiling him to hosting Thanksgiving and Aubrey's birthday, to a busy week of programs and church events in the evenings and cousins coming for the weekend. I'm pretty sure the school would frown on me keeping him home for "tiredness," but it was worth every minute. He is a different, cheerful boy today. We had fun together after he woke up; we invented our own card game and made some cards for soldiers overseas and Grandmother in the nursing home. I'm thinking maybe my other two need to have a "tired" day at home with me soon, too!

0 comments: