Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On the Farm, Part II

I thought I'd add to last week's post from our quick trip to the farm. Aubrey and Mom were making us lunch in this picture. If I haven't already mentioned it, it is certainly nice to have a daughter who likes to cook! She helps out frequently when I'm playing taxi driver for the kids or just busy with tax work.

Aubrey was selected to perform a clarinet solo at the Spring Music Contest, so she's busy working on that. We are lucky enough to have a friend from Syracuse, Angie Huck, who also moved to Hutch recently and is an excellent pianist! She is going to accompany Aubrey for us. I'm just glad I don't have to pull out my rusty piano skills :)

The boys have both started soccer, and we are lucky enough to be enjoying beautiful springtime weather this week. I sat out at Jackson's practice from 6-7 last night and soaked up some sun. Luke's first game was last Saturday. He is practicing with the traveling club team this spring so that he can play on that team in the fall. He is also playing soccer with the YMCA for fun. Jackson's soccer this year is an "Academy" of the traveling club team; they learn fundamental dribbling and ball-handling skills for the most part. He had a blast at the first practice last night.

1 comments:

Earl and Lois said...

Hey, all of you young Moms and Dads, enjoy your kids while you have them at the age they are as they will soon be out on their own and leaving you with an empty nest. Good to see you are having a joyous time with keeping up with their activities.
Love from great Grandpa Earl and great Grandmaa Lois.