Thursday, June 18, 2009

Laziness

I don't have much to write about, which is the way summer should be, I guess. We're just hanging out, playing on the slip n' slide, swimming in the evenings, going to ball practice and just generally avoiding other commitments. Trying to keep the schedule free, you know? Poor Jerry still has to go to work, but the rest of us are livin' the easy life.

The basement is still in the process of drying out; I sincerely hope they come and take away the fans this morning. They are loud enough that I hear them constantly on the main floor - kind of a constant buzzing in my ears. Yet another reason to hit the pool! It looks like the carpet will be fine, but we had to tear out the pad. We also have a spot on the basement wall where we had to remove sheetrock a couple of weeks ago from a leak in the main water line. Perfect time for a basement remodel, huh? I'm collecting paint samples and ideas for making the basement more attractive. The carpet down there has kind of a pinkish caste, which is not what I lean towards when picking colors. I keep bringing home paint samples that have a goldish tone, which just doesn't work. Maybe I'll try for a greenish paint? Hmmm. I'd also like to hide some of the clutter on my desk. The desk I currently have does not have any storage at all, so everything is out in the open. I'm gathering up my courage to give it a skirt so I can store things under it. Maybe Aubrey can sew it for me....

Aubrey's friend Amy from Syracuse is here for a week or so. We plan to go to Leoti sometime next week and spend a few days on the farm.

0 comments: