Monday, June 8, 2009

Luke's Baseball

Luke's baseball season has begun. He plays third base for the most part.
Jerry is helping coach; I think he's watching the other team warm up. Checking out the competition.


Every time there was a time out on the field, Luke and his friend Mason would scoot closer together so they could chat. All discussion was about strategy, Luke assured me. No frivolous talk.
Jackson took over the camera:
I got a great shot of him getting ready to hit the ball over the outfielder's heads below. Jerry was coaching first base and they were hollering and high-fiving each other when Luke ran to base. Wish I had a shot of that!
Luke pitched for an inning... not his best pitching night- he was disappointed. He's been practicing though! Here's the wind-up:
the throw:
and the follow-through!
My new camera somehow makes the fence disappear and focuses on the player, but it's kind of grainy when it does that. I'm still learning how to use this thing!

1 comments:

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Maybe you should just let Jackson take over your camera! The picture of you is a great one!

Luke looks so professional. Lane's first ballgame is tonight. All I can say is, "Oh my."