I started this post Monday, and just couldn't get it finished. It's a bit after the fact now, but maybe you'll enjoy catching up with our weekend anyway. I've been so lethargic this week, I think everything is just catching up with me. I've been popping vitamins and exercising trying to shake off the tired feeling, but haven't entirely succeeded. I am really hoping to just relax this weekend and catch up on some sleep!
Once again, the Bernings had a busy weekend. I shouldn't be surprised! Jerry's folks were able to come Friday and stay until Monday, which made for a very enjoyable visit. We kept them on their toes the whole time; they are probably going to have a nap when they get home today!
Aubrey had her dance recital this weekend (maybe I should say dance recitalS!) She did a terrific job, and enjoyed herself for the most part. She did think she was going to starve Friday night - she had to be in her dressing room by 5:45. I fed her supper before we went, but we thought she would be allowed out at intermission to have a snack. She sent me a text right before intermission that said "I'm starving! I can't leave! Food!" I snuck some popcorn back to her so she wouldn't waste away to nothing. The boys lucked out Friday night and got to play at Mick & Stacia's house instead of sitting through the recital. They were thoroughly worn out when we picked them up at 10:30, in fact Jackson was asleep on Grandpa's lap.
We had a repeat of the dance performance Saturday - I think we sat through around 120 dances between the two days. Yep, I said 120. Imagine the numb feeling in our rear ends by 10:30 Saturday night.
Sunday we were privileged to watch Jerry's nephew Nicholas graduate from Andale High School. You can check out the big moment here if you are interested. After graduation we retired to Ted & Shelley's house for a party complete with chocolate fountain. Wish I had a picture of Jackson's face. I'm sure you can imagine - just picture a six-year-old missing his front teeth with a chin covered in chocolate!
This week has just been a whirlwind of end-of-year activities and meetings. I am just as ready for school to be over as the kids are!
Check out the following post for some pictures of the father-daughter dance.



0 comments:
Post a Comment