Sunday, February 15, 2009

Odds and Ends

We spent Friday night in Ottawa watching Adam and Ryan play basketball. Ryan's team won by quite a bit, but Adam's game was a nail-biter. They ended up winning by one point! Both boys played great games. It was fun to watch! Ryan came and sat with us during Adam's game, and Stacia and I got a kick out of watching Luke immediately jump up and sit next to Ryan. Forget Dad - it's a lot more cool to sit by your older cousin! Adam and Ryan are so good to Luke and Jackson; they don't seem to mind playing with their much younger cousins at all. They all slept in a pile on the floor like puppies, and spent hours outside playing with the Airsoft guns. Luke and Jack were in heaven! Aubrey was outnumbered and decided to spend her time with us adults :)

On the way home Saturday we stopped in Emporia to visit Aunt Jo and Uncle Dick. It had been a long, long time since we'd been to their house. We watched the fun part of the K-State / KU game (i.e. the first half when K-State was winning!) The kids all graciously "let" Uncle Dick beat them at ping-pong. Somehow I think it was Uncle Dick "letting" them stay in the game :)

Today Jerry is working on patching walls in our bathroom remodel project, and I am playing catch-up with some tax work. My pile is growing faster than I can keep up with it. I know, I know... here I am blogging instead of working. Everyone needs a break!

And, to make this post a little more interesting, here's a picture of Luke's basketball team at the Nickerson Tournament:


Oh, and before I forget, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who sent Jackson a Valentine. He was very glad to get them all!

1 comments:

Joann said...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!!