Jerry and I flew to San Diego for a quick weekend. Jerry had a meeting for a Chiropractic Management group he is part of, so I went along for the ride. Marilyn came up to stay with the kids over the weekend, and it sounds like they all had a blast. The kids loved, loved, loved having her here!
We stayed in La Jolla, which was beautiful (and warm!! shorts!!) I snapped a quick pic of Jerry with two of his friends from college, Vince Siraguso and Michael Buffington. Vince practices in KC (some Missouri suburb, I forget which) and Michael is in Dallas. We all went out to dinner with a few other couples at a seafood restaurant along the water. Got to watch Carol put ketchup on her lobster - a first !
Aubrey has to make a series of four recipes for her FACS class this semester. We reap the benefits of that, let me tell you! She made Grandma Evelyn's poppyseed bread Sunday:
And as for Jackson's bump, it is pea green right now. Marilyn told him she thought he was rotting because he didn't want to take his bath! It does look pretty gross. Ugh.



3 comments:
I can just smell and taste the poppyseed bread - mmmmm -- the orange juice glaze! Looks perfectly done! You have quite a cook there.
we love grandma evelyn's poppyseed bread! it doesn't last very long, we eat it up so fast!
Wow!!! I need to teach someone around here to cook!!! (yah- right, I'm doing good to have socks picked up off the floor)
Post a Comment