Every day, first thing, Jackson's kindergarten class has journal time. At the beginning of the year most children drew pictures or perhaps practiced a letter. By now, Jackson is bringing home short sentences that he thought up and wrote himself.
In January I decided to save some money and cut his hair myself. I have clippers, but I don't have a cape like in a real barber shop. In the summertime, when the boys get buzz cuts I set them on a stool outside and take the air hose to them when I'm finished to blow the hair off. Obviously that doesn't work well in the winter, so usually I just toss them in the bath when we're finished. Maybe that doesn't work so well either. Jackson's journal entry for the next day was "My hair itches me" with a picture of a poor naked stick boy with hair all over his torso.
Today he brought home his February journal. February is Dental Health Month, and they have been learning about healthy snacks and hygiene habits. Yesterday's journal entry:
"Sugar is Bad. I like sugar."
How honest is that?
Dear Eva (12 Years)
1 year ago


2 comments:
Too cute!
You really use the air hose to blow them off? I use it to blow the grass & dirt off of the lawnmower when I'm finished mowing. Same concept, I guess!
The air hose works great! They squirm a little, but it's worth it.
Post a Comment