Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our life song

Maybe you've noticed a few changes around the blog. I should probably explain that, no, we have not taken up scuba diving as a family!

Last spring, summer, and fall brought lots of changes to our family. We pulled up the roots we'd spent thirteen years growing in Syracuse and moved four hours away; farther from most of our family, a long, long way from our many dear friends. I can't count the hours Jerry and I spent before we made the decision discussing, praying, hashing and re-hashing this move. We truly, truly feel that God led us here; there is just no earthly way to explain all the coincidences that made it all come about. Through all of this, we, as a family, adopted the Steven Curtis Chapman song "Dive" as OUR song. We followed God's call and dove in - sink or swim, we were in it all the way. Scary? You'd better believe it! Easy? Not at first! Getting easier? Every day!

The kids love this song. They know all the words, and we think it really helped them to understand why we did what we did. Take a minute and read through the lyrics - they're over to your right on the sidebar. I hope they speak to you as they do to us!

1 comments:

Mike & Dana said...

Jennifer, I also love the "Diving In" song. Our church did a slideshow with extreme sports and such to that song a few years ago on Easter and I've loved it ever since, I love the lyrics and the beat of the song. It's awesome that it spoke to you guys so clearly. God answers all prayers we just have to listen.
Dana