Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Odds and Ends

Hmm. Usually I have ideas coming out my ears for blog posts, but lately it's been a dry spell around here. Nobody's been doing anything out of the ordinary, or if they do I don't have my camera with me! So, some quick updates on our lives....

* Jerry, Mick, Aubrey, and Luke took the boat over to Kanopolis last Saturday. It was an absolutely GORGEOUS day - no wind, mid-70's, and almost no one else on the water. Jackson had a birthday party in the afternoon, so he and I loaded up and drove over after the party. We got there in time for a cruise around the lake, and then we set up the campsite. I stayed for marshmallows and then headed home. The rest of the gang spent the night in the tent, intending to spend Sunday fishing. The wind ruined their plans, though. It started gusting early in the night and was pretty darn cold by morning. The campers came home about 8:30. They had a great time though!

* Aubrey made jazz band, so we are looking for a tenor sax for her. If you have one in your closet, give me a call! We went over to Olive Garden in Wichita (her choice) last night to celebrate. Yum.

* For those of you planning a trip to Hutchinson for Thanksgiving, we rented Jumpin' J's party place for Aubrey's birthday on Friday (the day after Thanksgiving.) It is a big building full of inflatable boxing arenas, slides, and obstacle courses. We thought it seemed an excellent way to celebrate and let the kids burn off some energy all at once! The owner let me know that it is perfectly okay for adults to jump around also - can't wait to see the slide races some of you adults will get into!

* Jerry and his two assistants have a chiropractic seminar in Kansas City this weekend. I am going along to socialize with his friends' wives and to shop on the Plaza. He said they were all starting to wonder if he was really married, since I usually stay home. Hmm. Nanette is going to let the kids hang out at her place - they can't wait! We're still not sure what Luke is going to do. He hates to miss his football game, but he hates to miss a weekend with Adam and Ryan also. He is in a quandry.

That's about it around here! The weather's beautiful and my house is clean, so I'm headed outside for a walk.

2 comments:

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Thanks for the update! It sounds like a relaxing last few days (don't know if they really were, but it sounds like it :) ).

Have fun shopping on the Plaza. I am still looking for some cute black flats. I love the pair I have, but they are worn out. My pewter ones from Eddie Bauer were cancelled. Sigh. Anyway, if you find some cute ones, I wear size 9 1/2. :)

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

Relaxing? I left out the part where we have not been home one single evening in about two weeks. One reason we went to Olive Garden is that we could all sit down at the same time and eat together! Oh well, we can relax when the kids are grown up, right?

Sorry about the shoes, sis. Want me to check and see if they're in stock in the store? Why don't you just come shop with me? That sounds like more fun!