Thursday, September 4, 2008

Giggles and other stuff

I keep giggling every time I get a note from Aubrey's school. It was built in the seventies, maybe early eighties, and is really a pretty nice facility. The funny thing is, though, that they don't have a separate auditorium for meetings. The cafeteria is made with a stage at one side so meetings and performances can be held there. What cracks me up is the name they've come up with for the space. They call it a "cafetorium" ! I don't know why that strikes me as funny, but it sure does. Maybe after four straight years of having kids in the middle school I'll get used to it! Either that, or they'll finally pass their bond issue and add an auditorium on to the building :)

Aubrey has auditions for jazz band at 11:44 this morning. She is nervous! There are eighty kids trying out for twenty spots. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jackson had his first flag football practice last night. He enjoyed it. He thinks he's pretty big stuff, getting to do something Luke never did. It sounds like practice was utter chaos, but what do you expect with first graders?


0 comments: