Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Fish Were Biting

Jerry took the boys out of school early yesterday since Grandpa Ed was in town. They took Grandpa's boat out on a small lake owned by a friend of ours. The boys were beyond excited. The boat has been sitting in our street for over a month and a half, and has not moved.

Luke got to drive, a highlight of the trip for him, I'm sure!And then they started catching fish. The way I hear it, Jackson caught one the first four times he stuck his pole in the water!
They were little ones, until this one came along!
And then, the big one jumped on Luke's hook:
Oh Yeah!

Grandma, Stacia, Aubrey and I stayed home this time. We thought we'd let the men get any bugs worked out before we went along.

Happy Labor Day, everyone! I hope you can take it easy and enjoy some R & R this weekend.

I almost forgot. You know, I've about decided that Barney really tries to make us not like him. Thursday night Jerry let him inside for a few minutes, and he immediately jumped up on my leather couch and threw up. Okay. So then last night, when us girls were killing time watching "What Not to Wear" and waiting for the guys to get home from fishing, we let Barney in again. He ran straight to Grandma Kathy, jumped on her lap, and peed. See what I mean?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! good fishing. It's always fun when you're catching something. The trout I caught out at Rainbow Lake really fought and jumped-lots of fun even if the biggest got away before Grandma Ann could net him. Even the fly fishing had quite a bit of action until I pulled my manuver-still hurts. Anyway glad you all had fun. Luke-you keep the arrows in the yard. Your mom says you can even shoot it in your football uniform and hit the bullseye. Jackson-I think that your parents ought to send that picture of you with your big fish to Outdoor Life-looked great. Glad you had fun!!