That's right, I'm a working girl for two weeks. As if I'm not when I'm at home ;) Anyway, our new employee starts September 8th, so I get to fill in at the clinic until then. It makes for a hectic life; I come in until about 2:45 then dash home so I can meet the three buses that bring my kids back to me.
Jackson arrives first, about 3:10. His bus stop is about three houses away, and he invariably gets off the bus and RUNS to me. I enjoy every minute of it; soon he'll be too big or too cool to let his friends see him running to hug his mama. Luke is next, his bus gets here around 3:25. He saunters off the bus waving to his friends, but then gives me a hug when he gets in the door. He is usually in a bouncy mood; school is his thing. He's my social child and loves to be around people. Aubrey finally walks in the door about 3:45. She's tired and STARVING!! Apparently they don't feed them enough in middle school. Her bus stop is almost a block away, which she thinks is cruel and unusual punishment. She does manage to drag herself into the house, and perks up after I get some food into her.
Today I hugged her, told her to fix her brothers a snack, and hurried back to the clinic to work until we close at 5:00. I'm so glad I have a twelve year old that can do some babysitting!



0 comments:
Post a Comment