Mom and Dad have my kids - well, except for Barney. I'd have sent him along if I'd thought of it. He is seriously lonely. We are getting new carpet Monday, and he is not entirely potty trained yet. I'm not sure what we were thinking, but it's too late to back out now. We might have to borrow our baby gate back, Marilyn. I think I might just lock him outside for the rest of his natural life if he pees on my new carpet. One of Jerry's patients, Laveta, told him that she used to breed and raise dachsunds. Apparently the ONLY way to train them is to take the outside every hour on the hour, and then they still don't 100% get it. We have decided he is either the dumbest dog on the planet (right up there with the chickens), or an evil genius. I am leaning toward evil genius. I gave him a bone this morning, and he immediately ran and hid it in his kennel. He came up looking all innocent and asking for another bone. I gave him one, and he hid it under the couch, then ran right back up to me and asked for another bone. See? Evil genius.
This picture is for you, Nolan:

This is why we don't give him a ball very often. He rolls it under the couch, then cries like mad until we get it out for him. Then rolls it right back under the couch. Evil genius, I tell you!
Back to the thing about grandparents being great, I did accomplish a lot yesterday without my children. Today I am determined to get everything on my desk mailed out to clients. Then, when my kids come back Friday we can play in this beautiful weather! It was almost 80 degrees yesterday. Jerry and I grilled steaks and went for a walk. Absolutely lovely!


1 comments:
Very funny! I read Greg this post, and we laughed together...
Glad you two are getting a little time together alone!
Post a Comment