Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Miss Nosy Neighbor

You know that crazy lady who snoops on the neighbors from her window? It turns out I am that lady. Shocking, huh? This was too good to pass up though. Look at this closely:

You are going to have to use your imagination, because this was taken from Aubrey's bedroom window, through the blinds. I was too chicken to actually open the window and stick my camera out, or to walk down the street and take the picture! Okay, see the lift thingy that is in front of the house? There was a worker standing on it WITH A PLUGGED IN MITER SAW actually cutting pieces of siding twenty feet in the air!!!! I'm pretty sure that it is mentioned in the owner's manual of the saw as something never, ever to do. "Do not operate saw while standing on the platform of a mechanical lift as it is raised twenty feet in the air. Platform may be unstable and you may cut your arm off."

In my defense, no one actually lives in the house. And I wasn't snooping to start with, I was just making Aubrey's bed and happened to glance out the window. Really.

***Update*** Jerry assures me this was perfectly a perfectly safe and reasonable thing to do.

0 comments: