Monday, March 3, 2008

Skating


We took the kids skating with their cousins Saturday night. It was a lot of fun! Jackson started off clutching Nolan's hand, and barely made it around one time. I thought he'd be sitting with me for the rest of the evening. Instead, we suddenly realized he was back out on the floor by himself - and he was skating! He hasn't mastered the "glide" yet, but he does pretty well. I wish the video above had sound so you, too, could be partially deaf from the music! Am I getting old?

Here's a picture of Jackson and Nolan the first time around:And here he is as a pro! Note how Luke is following along protectively - what a good big brother!I noticed how Bethany and Aubrey both seem to be all arms and legs right now - my girl must be growing up!
One of the funniest things was when the dj played the Cha Cha Slide. All the kids were "dancing" out on the floor while they were skating, and Jackson joined right in. He fell down a few times trying to do the stomps, but he got right back up. That's when we needed the video!

0 comments: