Friday, March 21, 2008

I am a loser dog owner

You probably guessed from my earlier posts that Barney is not my idea of the ideal dog. He is not very bright, as compared to Sadie, or really, to most (I wanted to say "any" but restrained myself) other dogs. He is a sweetheart though - he loves to cuddle and the kids absolutely adore him. He is good-tempered and doesn't bark, much. So overall, he's not too bad.
So here's my loser story - that's right, me the loser doggy mom! I put him out to go potty last night while we were watching the K-State game (go Cats!! They won!!), and never gave it a second thought. This morning, at 7:00 or so when I came downstairs, I heard him crying. Now, he sleeps in his kennel in the basement every night, and never, EVER, cries to be let out. I thought it was strange that he was crying this morning, so I went down to check on him. Imagine my surprise when I found his kennel completely empty! You guessed it, I had left the poor little guy outside all night. Luckily, it only got down to 45 or so last night. Luckily, I say, because that is still too cold for the neighbors to have their windows open! He probably cried all night. I did give him an extra bone today :)

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

its ok mom. your not a loser. he is showing no sign of having been affected, so im sure hes ok!! :)

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Whooooooaaaaa. Luckily, dogs are known for their amazingly quick capacity to forgive & love!