Friday, March 7, 2008

Sadness in Bulldog Country


Aubrey's friend, Amy Norton, her mom & sister celebrated Amy's twelfth birthday while they were here.


Well, the Syracuse boys' basketball team failed miserably at state once again. They can't seem to make it past the first round of the state tournament. Guess it must be pretty intimidating to play in Bramlage.

Krista Norton and girls, our friends from Syracuse, came up late Wednesday night and then left Thursday for Manhattan with my kids. The kids were thrilled beyond belief to go! Not so thrilled at the game apparently, as Jackson fell asleep during the second half. We were planning to drive up today to watch the second round game (assuming they won, which they didn't.) Oh well! *Stop reading now if you are waiting on me to do your tax return* Since we were kidless last night we went to Wichita and did a little shopping, ate at Carraba's and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I should have been working, but you parents know we have to take advantage kidless-ness!

Luke hooked up with his friend Jesse Wallace in Manhattan, apparently. He spent the night with Jesse, so Krista informed me. She isn't sure where he is, but I'm sure things will work out and he'll make it back here. I've only been gone for seven months, and I've already forgotten what it's like in a small town - people just take your kids! Aubrey and Jackson are hanging with Krista and her girls at the mall, then coming back here for the night.

Aubrey sent me some pictures of Amy and her (she and Amy?) at the game on my phone, but I have no clue how to get them to the computer. Guess you'll have to use your imagination!

0 comments: