Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Grandma's Manicure Set

Mystery solved, thanks to Grandma Lois. The manicure set belonged to Eldora Miller Shumard. Next mystery - what would have been in the little jar? I don't know if you can pick it out in the picture, but it is about 1" in diameter and has a lid. Surely not fingernail polish? Any ideas?

Grandpa, Aunt Jo, Uncle Larry, Dad, I'm hoping you can tell me more about this:


Grandma had it in the basement bedroom on the dresser, and I chose it when all of us girls were picking out something of Grandma's years and years ago. I don't remember who it originally belonged to. Do any of you remember? I love it and always keep it on my dresser.

2 comments:

Joann said...

I think it was probably to hold one of those beauty mark mole thingies. Just kidding -- I don't have a clue!

I remember this set well from seeing it around the house. Glad Lois was able to find out its origin.

Great job on the bathroom, Jerry!

Anonymous said...

How about lip gloss?